16″ Metal Cutting Radial Arm Saws are the Ultimate Workhorse of the Industry.
16″ Metal Cutting Saws are a trusted machine in the metal industry. They are capable of operating 2 to 3 shifts per day in an industrial setting with the versatility to:
- bevel cut
- miter cut
- compound miter cut
The 16″ Metal Cutting Radial Arm Saw can cut 5″ deep in a single pass and has a crosscut capacity of 24″ or 32″, depending on chosen model. Original Saw Company manufactures this saw with a single or 3 phase motor. In addition, this radial arm saw weighs in at over 850 pounds and can withstand years of industrial cutting.
We pride ourselves in manufacturing an American-made product.
From the motor to the heavy cast iron arm, the 16″ Super Duty Radial Arm Saw is a dependable machine for years to come. Above all, we use heavy duty materials like cast and ductile iron to make a saw that has a vibration-free operation.
The 16″ Metal Cutting Radial Arm Saw features the following industrial-grade features:
- Heavy-gauge steel, a powder-coated frame, and legs make up the foundation of the machine.
- The T-slot aluminum extruded table also delivers a durable cutting surface on all Metal Cutting Radial Arm Saws. The aluminum extrusions hold the manual clamps. Most important, this upgraded table provides stability and support for heavy cutting.
- With a TEFC (totally enclosed fan-cooled) motor and internal automatic brake, this radial arm saw has the best cut quality in its class.
Super Duty Metal Cutting Saws are much more than Radial Arm Saws. When paired with optional equipment, they are a platform for a wide variety of cut-off work. Join Original Saw Company’s Saw Extension Tables and Saw Measuring Systems to make a complete cutting station.
Recent updates to this model include the following:
- Models 3579-16M-1 and 3579-16L-1 feature VFD (variable frequency drive) technology. This converts the single phase input to 3 phase power. Using the VFD increases the speed of the blade by over 8 seconds. Because of the VFD, this saw has a slower, smoother start-up. The VFD also slows and stops the saw over approximately 25 seconds to allow for consistent braking times.
- The start/stop button on the left front edge of the saw provides added accessibility.
- The E-stop became a standard feature. An E-Stop is a safety mechanism to shut off machinery in an emergency. This switch stops the operation of the Radial Arm Saw. It shuts off all potential hazards outside of the saw’s power enclosure.
- Redesigned extended elevating cranks provide easy elevation.
- Lastly, multiple table options are available.