22.5″ Super Duty Radial Arm Saws are the largest machines in its series.
The 22.5″ Super Duty Radial Arm Saw’s shorter arbor sets it apart from other radial arm saws. Because of the shorter arbor length, this Radial Arm Saw can make a deeper depth of cut at a 45-degree bevel.
Featuring a large 7.5 horsepower motor, the 22.5″ Super Duty Radial Arm Saws models are capable of operating 2 to 3 shifts per day in a heavy duty woodcutting environment with the versatility to cut the following:
- bevel cut
- miter cut
- compound miter cut
**This saw is not able to swivel to a rip position.
Make Cuts Other Saws Can’t
The 22.5″ Super Duty Radial Saw can cut a respectable 8″ deep in a single pass. In addition, depending on the model, it has a 16″ -24″ crosscut capability. Utilize the immense 850-pound Super Duty Radial Arm Saw for the rigors of everyday industrial use.
The Super Duty Series is well suited for use in the following:
- Manufacturing plants
- Creating departments
- Timber homes
- Prefabricated housing companies
- Door companies
- Truss plants
- Many other industrial woodcutting settings
Do you have the capability to run 3 phase power at your location? If so, this is the model you want. 3 phase power creates a smooth motor start up. Consequently, with no relays or capacitors inside the motor, there tends to be less maintenance and longer service life.
22.5″ Super Duty Radial Arm Saws are set apart from other Super Duty series saws in several ways.
- The 22.5″ model has a shorter arbor. A shorter arbor allows a deeper depth of cut at a 45-degree bevel. With this in mind, swiveling into a rip position is not possible with this saw.
- This saw has a T-slot aluminum extruded table with manual clamps set in the extrusions. Because of that, the upgraded table provides improved stability and support for heavy cutting.
- A variable frequency drive (VFD) controls the motor.
22.5″ Radial Arm Saws utilize a Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) to control the arbor motor.
The 22.5″ models are the only radial arm saw model in the Super Duty series that use VFD technology. Using the VFD increases the speed of the blade by over 8 seconds. Because of the VFD, this saw has a slower, smoother start-up.
We pride ourselves in manufacturing an American-made product.
From the motor to the heavy cast iron arm, the Super Duty Series Radial Arm Saw is a trusty machine for years to come. Above all, Original Saw Company uses cast and ductile iron for vibration-free operation. This saw model also contains heavy-gauge steel, a powder-coated frame and legs. The extruded aluminum creates a stable cutting surface. With a TEFC (totally enclosed fan-cooled) motor and internal automatic brake, this radial arm saw has the best cut quality in its class.
These saws are much more than radial arm saws. When coupled with optional equipment, they are a woodcutting platform for a wide variety of cutoff work. Outfit a Super Duty Radial Arm saw with an electronic powered crossfeed to convert the machine to push-button operation.
Recent updates to the 22.5″ Super Duty Radial Arm Saw include the following:
- The left front edge of the table has a more accessible start/stop button.
- E-stops come standard on the Super Duty Radial Arm Saws. This safety mechanism specifically shuts off the machine in an emergency.
- New, more handy extended elevating cranks make raising and lowering the carriage effortless.
- Multiple table options are available.
- A T-slot extruded metal table provides added stability.
- Lastly, 22.5″ Super Duty Radial Arm Saws are compatible with various Original Saw accessories, such Saw Extension Tables and Saw Measuring Systems.